Monday, February 25, 2008

Hat Trick

There is something that I have never understood about hockey. When someone scores three or more goals in a single game it is called a hat trick, the same as it is in soccer. In hockey after the third goal is scored people throw their hats on the ice. I would like to know what happens to all those hats. Sometimes there are hundreds of them. While I enjoy sports I can tell you that there is very little chance that I would throw my $25 hat on the ice unless I knew it would come back to me. Where do all the hats go?

3 comments:

Rebekah Sanders said...

Good point. I'd assume they go to lost and found? And you could go get it back?

travis spencer said...

Well, I googled it to see what I could find... It looks like some of the arena's give them to charities to raise money. Others have a glass viewing deal to show them all off.

You asked...

Chip Sanders said...

I'm too cheap to honor the well paid athlete in this way. I'll keep my hat and just applaud.