Monday, August 13, 2007

Sour Grapes

I have heard of some rumblings about the election of George O. Wood as General Superintendent of the Assemblies of God. Some people are upset that a younger person was not elected. I admit that I had another candidate in mind that I would have liked to see elected. However I prayed for a month before the council for God's will to be done. I am sure that not everyone prayed the same thing. However I believe that the vast majority of the delegates are Godly people who want to see the will of God accomplished in our fellowship. So to complain afterward that your guy didn't get elected is just sour grapes. If we believe in the sovereignty of God then we trust that God has placed this man into this office.

For the record I believe that he will do a good job. He is a brilliant man who loves God and this fellowship. That is very important. God can speak through anyone and I feel that this brother can certainly lead the fellowship for the next few years.

No comments: