Thursday, December 14, 2006

Would Jesus shop at Wal-Mart?

A group of ministers believe that he wouldn't. I suspect they probably feel this way because a large portion of their congregation are union members and they don't want to jepordize their tithes. Actually I don't know that to be true but they don't know if Jesus would shop at Wal-mart or not either. Suggesting that they know where Jesus would shop or whether or not He would drive an SUV is ludicrous! I don't know and neither do you. For that matter I don't know if Jesus would have voted for George W Bush either.

Projecting our political views onto our Savior is not particularily wise. Jesus wasn't an American but I suspect He isn't necessarily anti-American either. I don't think Jesus would be a radical enviormentalist because most of them seem to worship the earth instead of Jesus but I don't think He would litter. As it's not my job to tell you how to vote, where to shop or what to drive. I am to build up the body of Christ until we can reach unity in the faith not in politics.

No comments: