Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Big Ten Hoops

After the Christmas party Rebekah and I were off to Bloomington, Indiana. On friday a friend asked if we wanted to use tickets he had for Indiana vs. Southern Illinois. I've gone to a couple of Indiana games with him before so I knew how much fun it would be. So we got my dad to watch the kids over night and off we went to Hoosier country. I had a lot of friends who went to SIU and it is only an hour and a half or so from Centralia where I went to high school. So I have followed SIU as a kind of second favorite team after the Illini. Plus one of their starters this season Matt Shaw is an alumni of CHS. Anyway the Salukis played poorly but we still had a lot of fun. We were able to watch the second half from seats that were located by the basline and in the second row. It was cool. So even though Indiana won it was still really enjoyable.

I'm not sure how my friend is an Indiana fan. He grew up near Chicago. But I am glad he shares his tickets sometimes.

No comments: