Thursday, December 29, 2005

Surviving Christmas

I haven’t written anything for a while now. First I had a head cold that nearly sapped all my strength. Next it was the stomach flu making its way through our family. Then there was a quick trip to Wisconsin overnight. On the way home we stopped in Schaumberg to shop. Most of our time allotted was sucked up by rubberneckers on the tollway. The next day my mother nearly died and so three days were filled with hospital visits. I am very thankful to God that it was all sorted out and after a pace maker was inserted in her heart she was able to go home. Then there was a mad dash to finish Christmas shopping, clean the house, prepare for Christmas Eve supper and Christmas dinner. All of that and I had to prepare a sermon for our service Christmas Day. I survived Christmas this year!

Now I am looking ahead to a new year. We have spent four years in Bethany and I feel like a vision is starting to develop. It is bold and it will require faith. And as I have been praying about these things the number one thing that God has been speaking to my heart is that above all else He is walking me through Romans 5:3,4 and especially developing perseverance. The one thing about developing perseverance is that it requires time, a lot of time. I am impatient and definitely not a fan of this virtue. But God has promised that if He begins a good work in us He will be faithful to complete it. Have a Happy New Year!

No comments: