Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Can we learn from NASCAR?

I came across this article and it was excellent.
http://www.christianitytoday.com/leaders/newsletter/2005/cln51017.html

In the last year or two I have started watching NASCAR. I find it interesting. Plus on a Sunday afternoon I can doze off and wake up and not miss much because they will replay most of the wrecks and great passes. What Chad Hall points out is that many NASCAR fans secretly think, "I can do that." as they watch the races.

Does your congregation come away from your messages with such a good understanding of the main point saying, "I can do that."

Two other great points:
1. A driver doesn't have to win in order to win.
2. NASCAR promotes a team approach to individual success.

Great article! A lot to think about.

No comments: