Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Worship Part3

Should someone who doesn’t know God be encouraged to worship Him or should we encourage them to know Him first? I think that maybe this is a chicken or egg question. But I do know that as people seek God and turn their hearts to Him in worship the Holy Spirit of God reveals Jesus to them in a way that they can understand. The more an honest heart seeks to draw near to God the more they can know Him. The more of His presence they experience the closer it brings them to the truth of who Jesus Christ is and what He has done for all of us.

I have found that it is in worshipping the one true God that we find freedom from our idols. As I know Him and His love grows in me I find the idols I have been serving becoming less and less appealing. Worshipping God actually causes me to love Him more and His love cast away fear and doubt freeing me to truly worship in spirit and in truth.

I think yes we should try to bring as many people into our times of worship as possible seekers or believers. In this way we can all grow in truth and truly worship as Jesus sets us free. I am curious as to your thoughts on this so feel free to comment.

No comments: