Monday, September 24, 2007

Hope

Last week concluded a period of prayer and fasting. It was a difficult week simply because I hate to fast! I made it through though with God's help. It seemed like there was a lot going on that could have distracted me. I really believe that the enemy did his level best to disrupt, distract and destroy the unity of Abundant Life.

I don't have any big profound insights. In fact it seemed for most of the week like my prayers were going no higher than the ceiling. We ended the week with a time of prayer on Saturday night. I cannot say there was a great turnout (I didn't do a great job of making a high visibility announcements). But I can say that after Sunday I have a renewed sense of hope that God is at work in Bethany and Moultrie County. I expect great things as we continue to labor for Him. And I feel a gathering sense of momentum. This is when it gets dangerous. I expect spiritual warfare to increase in frequency and ferocity. But thanks be to God. He gives us the victory through Jesus Christ!

No comments: