Friday, December 09, 2005

December

I haven't posted anything in a long time. I have a cold virus. It has beaten the snot out of me. All week long I have been exhausted. I take a shower and then have to rest for twenty minutes. I wash the dishes and then have to rest. Since my wife also has a cold and she is a bigger baby than me I still have to try to take care of kids and stuff. ;-)

So I have had things to talk about but lacked the sustained concentration to write. Monday I fixed the washing machine. It was a big deal to me because I am not very handy. I struggle to do it myself but I also didn't have the money to pay someone else to fix it. So I disassembled the machine. I took apart the pump that pumps water out of the basket. And I found some debris that had prevented the pump from draining the machine. Since we have four kids laundry has been piling up. We had to drive to my parents and stay for hours do laundry. When I reassembled the machine and it worked I felt like a knight in shining armor! I was the hero to my wife. Which is cool. And something every man wants to be at some point.

I have more to write but it has snowed at least four to six inches. So despite the head cold I have to shovel snow, sled with the boys and finish my sermon for Sunday.

No comments: